Tuesday 24 July 2012

Celebrate with Flapjack

Hello!

Firstly I must apologise for my serious lack of blogging! I have had a few stressful days recently and as a result my blog has fallen by the wayside a bit. However, the stressful days have been worth it because I have some excellent news!

Keeping fingers (and in fact everything else) very firmly crossed, it would appear I have premises for Delicious Decadence! There was a slight disagreement over legalities so it was a bit touch-and-go but that has now all been cleared up! Not to say that it is a definite though! There is still a long way to go before the place is actually mine!

Possibly jumping the gun slightly, but I've started buying all sorts of things - coffee cups, cushions, artwork, and various other items! It is all rather exciting! As things continue to progress I will keep you informed in more detail!

To celebrate the news (although its not quite time to open the champagne just yet!) I thought I'd blog one of my favourite things, Cherry and Almond Flapjack. It is extremely tasty and easy to make (I've put the full recipe on my recipe page) and I very much recommend you try it. Another plus is that when kept in an air-tight container it will keep for quite a while! Although, everything is better fresh!

The Ingredients:

 Brown sugar, butter, golden syrup, glace cherries, almond extract, and oats.

Into a bowl put the sugar, butter, golden syrup, and almond extract, and place in the microwave to melt.
In another bowl put the oats and the glace cherries (chopped into halves).
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Tip the mixture into an appropriate tin (I always use this silicone one) and flatten it all down so it comes out nice and even, then place in the oven to bake.
And there you have an awesomely sweet and sticky treat to enjoy! 


Thanks for reading and keep doing so in order to learn of my progress!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment