Tuesday 24 July 2012

It might not be much to look at...

...but it tastes amazing! Trust me!

I saw the recipe for this cake (a cinnamon cake to be precise) quite a while ago and kept telling myself I should make it but I kept forgetting to buy two of the key ingredients, soured cream and sunflower seeds. Having finally got round to making it I am just gutted I didn't make it sooner! 

It is another quick and easy recipe that I urge people to try! It might be a bit boring to look at, but it certainly isn't to eat! Give it a go and I am sure you will love it just as much as I do! 

The ingredients:

 Butter, caster sugar, eggs (beaten), cinnamon, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, soured cream, and sunflower seeds

Into a bowl goes the butter and caster sugar, which need to be creamed together until light and fluffy, and then gradually add the beaten eggs.
 Next, sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon, and fold in with a metal spoon.
 Then add the soured cream and sunflower seeds and mix until everything is well combined. 
 Spoon into a baking tin (I use silicone but if you don't, then don't forget to grease and/or line your tin!) and smooth the surface over. 
 Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Once out, gently ease the cake out of its tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack. 
 And there you have it! Cut it into pieces and enjoy! 

It is a really moist cake and extremely moorish so be careful when eating, or you might wonder where your entire cake went!

It is a baking day today, so make sure you keep an eye on what's coming up on here over the next few days - there should be some very tasty treats!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment