Thursday 12 July 2012

The glamourous life of someone trying to start their own business...

At 12.16am I am sat trawling through commercial property websites yet again. The whole process is starting to get more than a little bit demoralising. It is at points like this that I really do start to think that I am doing entirely the wrong thing.

As my friends celebrate getting new jobs or worrying over interviews, I am sat watching daytime tv and helping my mum with the ironing as I wait to go and view places and carry on my desperate search of websites. My life now seems to revolve around commercial property websites!

Surely I should have been applying for graduate jobs or a masters course somewhere?! My brother certainly seems to think so anyway!

On the viewings I've gone on so far you can tell that people think I am far too young! On Monday the woman asked if I was actually looking for premises or if it was simply some research for the future - who thinks you'd put yourself through this much stress in order to carry out research for the future?! What exactly would be the point in doing that, its just a wastes of everyones time!

I've viewed two places so far and neither seem right. Its not that I'm being picky but I believe the right place is out there somewhere and I will know it when I get there. If you read my post The First Viewing then you should be in agreement that that was simply a no no! The second place on Monday was better but didn't actually have a kitchen! Cheaper to buy but a fully fitted kitchen won't come cheap! Plus it wasn't that big, and while I know I can't go over the top size-wise I still want somewhere that will actually make some money! I would like to be able to move out of home at some point!

I have my third viewing tomorrow morning (at 9.30am - means I need to leave home at 8.30am...), which looks interesting. It appears to have a kitchen! Indeed it is bigger than the other two places and in a decent area, but it is also cheaper, which makes me start to wonder why! Then on Monday I have another viewing, which again looks like an interesting possibility.

So slowly but surely I am getting the wheels in motion, but I'm scared that they might be coming to a stop again soon if neither of these places are right. I'm not saying I would give up though! I'm made of stronger stuff than that! If I can get through Bronze D of E (trust me, if you knew me you would understand the hilarity of that statement!) then I can get through anything in my opinion!

Anyway, there are the early morning ponderings of a girl struggling to make sense of all this business malarky! I've tried all day to write a post on food and nothing has worked but then I manage to write this now - my brain is a funny thing!

Now, it is 12.36am and I should really go to bed - I have an early start in the morning! Wish me luck as I carry on my journey and I hope you keep reading - there will be several food posts over the weekend as I did a whole day of baking on Wednesday and lots of tasty things were made!

Night (or rather morning!),

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment