Monday 17 September 2012

Chocolate Post #1

I am a lover of chocolate and I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that fact! Therefore, I thought I would do a few posts that are all to do with different things I have recently made that all feature chocolate very heavily!

The first one is Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse with fresh raspberries. I made it on Sunday night for the first time and it was really rather good even if I do say so myself!



The Ingredients:

Dark chocolate, condensed milk, double cream, salt, raspberry liqueur, and raspberries.

Start by melting the chocolate in the microwave - be careful not to let it burn.
 Pour the condensed milk and cream into another bowl, and add a pinch of salt.
 Whisk the mixture until it thickens. The whisks should leave a ribbon when they are lifted out of the bowl, so don't over whisk!
 To the cooled chocolate add a third of the cream/condensed milk mixture and stir it all together.
 Then very carefully spoon the chocolate mixture (in at least 3 batches) back into the cream mixture and gently fold in.
 Then add the liqueur and mix in gently. 
Spoon the mixture into glasses (in this case three) and put in the fridge for about an hour.
 When the mousse is ready to serve, whisk some more double cream for the top. I left it quite runny, just as personal choice!
 Spoon some raspberries onto the top of the mousse.
 Cover with the cream.
 Then I finished them off with a bit of chocolate powder.
And there you have it, a beautifully sweet and boozy chocolate mousse!

An extremely tasty treat, and as I made it with Elmlea and light condensed milk, it was healthier than some things! 

As an aside, I am going to make sure my recipe page is up to date with all the things I've done posts on so far, so please consult it if you want to make anything!
Also, please follow me on twitter if you're interested in anything I'm doing and you'll get to know more about me! If you want to ask me anything/tell me anything then please do! 

Hope you keep reading!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment