Tuesday 18 September 2012

Custard isn't just to put on your pudding!

I am quite a fan of a good pudding with lots of custard -  I don't think anything can beat it on a cold night! So, when I found the recipe for these little custard biscuits, made simply with custard powder, I couldn't resist making them! They are sweet and crumbly, and because they are so small you don't have to feel bad about having more than one! And trust me, you'll want more than one!


The Ingredients:
Butter, icing sugar, plain flour, vanilla extract, and custard powder.

Put the butter (softened), icing sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and cream together.
Add the flour and custard powder and mix well.
Put the mixture into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. (I love this contraption! It holds the piping bag so that the mixture can easily be spooned in. One of the best things I've ever got from Lakeland!) 
Pipe the mixture in small amounts onto a lined baking tray, leaving a decent amount of space between each biscuit.
Add sprinkles (or any form of decoration, maybe sugar flowers) to the biscuit dough before baking and then place in the oven.
And there you have it. I made these with red, white, and blue sprinkles because I was feeling all patriotic! Enjoy with a cup of tea to be suitably British!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment